Heating & Air Conditioning Replacement in Los Angeles, CA
For heating and air conditioning replacement, it’s important to first consider the limitations imposed by your home or business. Of course, it is possible to install virtually any heating and cooling system in any house, but the cost and aesthetic impacts may be unacceptable for you. When selecting a heating and cooling system for new construction, your options are typically much wider.
For both new and existing homes, it’s important to first maximize the energy efficiency of your home. This is the most cost-effective means of keeping your home comfortable, no matter what climate you live in.
When is it time to replace?
Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old.
Consider replacing it with a unit that has a higher SEER or HSPF rating. Installed correctly, these high-efficiency units can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs.
Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old.
Consider replacing with high AFUE rating. ENERGY STAR® models use at least 15-25% less energy than standard models.
Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
Your HVAC equipment may have become less efficient. Repairs and high utility bills will add up quickly.
Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold.
Improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause. This is another reason Lenco Heating & Air Conditioning Inc stresses the importance of proper design and load testing before installing a new system.
No one is home for long periods of the day and you do not have a programmable thermostat.
We recommend programmable thermostats to all of our customers. Setting your HVAC system on a schedule can save substantial amounts of money while keeping your Los Angeles, CA home more comfortable.
Your home has humidity problems.
Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky duct work can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer. This isn’t just uncomfortable, but takes it’s toll on your home as well.
Your home has excessive dust.
Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute those particles throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution along with installing an advanced air filter.
Your system is noisy.
You could have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment. Additionally, a variable speed fan offers much quieter operation over older fan motors, and also provides more comfort to your home and is more energy efficient.
Advantages of a new system
- Lower utility bills. A high efficiency home air conditioner and furnace can save you hundreds of dollars each year in energy costs, compared to an older heating and air conditioning system.
- Energy tax credits. You can recover up to 30% of the cost of select high efficiency air conditioners and heaters in the form of tax credits.
- Friendlier refrigerant. Due to growing environmental concerns, the U.S. federal government has mandated that all HVAC manufacturers phase R-22 refrigerant-based air conditioning equipment out of production. The replacement is called R-410A.
- Enhanced comfort. Advanced technologies that improve energy efficiency also enhance your comfort, so you can enjoy more even temperatures, better humidity control and a constant flow of conditioned air.
- Improved air quality. Better humidity control means a reduced potential for mold and mildew growth, and of course less energy is used because proper humidity means air feels warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Contact Us for Heating & Air Conditioning Replacement